Friday, August 10, 2007

Useful ions, waste products, starch granules and gases or vapours are transported in plants.

Xylems are made up of dead cells. They are long and narrow and they have no cross walls.
(Well, I'm not! I have many living cells, say 5-6 million per drop of blood. I have no cross walls and I'm not long and narrow. I'm fat, and I'm short. Hmm, so this makes things easier when I want to remember properties of xylems. Woooooh this is so fascinating!)

Xylems provide mechanical support for the plant and transport water and mineral salts. Xylems contain lignin.

No wonder I find myself scratching away at a desire to major in English...

Talked to Elise just now. The girl is going bananas over some hunky American actor whose name I can't even remember. So he mustn't be really popular, can he? Anyways I told her:

Me: "They say Edward grew alot in Eclipse."
Elise: "WHAT?! He's already six-two!!!"
Me: "I mean... emotionally. Mentally. Not physically. So I see, the wooden cereal box aeroplanes have really dropped bombs and exploded what's left of your brains."

(Sighs) I get really bored looking at Biology notes, especially if you're dying from a migraine. I think the HTML code in my immune system's got a big fat major error. Even my mum doesn't trust me now.

I love talking to Elise! I shall go bombard her even more. Oh look, she's at my blog too. Hello Elise and her exploded brains!!!