Friday, August 24, 2007

"You may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style." -Kingsley Shacklebolt, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Yesss I'm going to the library later. I'm a happy girl. The one near Jurong Point, by the way, not the JE one. The JE one has limited stocks, so I'd best try others.

This week we've got a number of birthdays. Magdalene's, Mr Ng's, my dad's, and and and and and forgive me if I forget any. You know how my memory is like.

Just now I was on the phone with my mum, and the conversation was hilarious. Maybe everything's just... spontaneous. I don't know. It was like,

Mum: Eh, later you go and buy the cake must be the chocolate banana. The other day he tell me he like the one from Secret Recipe.

Me: WHAT?! STOP WHISPERING, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Mum: I say, *repeats what she'd said earlier on*

Me: I STILL CANNOT HEAR YOU! EH TURN OFF THE RADIO IN YOUR CAR AND SPEAK LOUDER!

-The radio stops blaring-

Mum: Can? You must buy the-

Me: HAH??? CAN YOU SHOUT INSTEAD?

Mum: (Louder but only by a fraction) I SAY, BUY THE CAKE FOR DAD IS CHOCOLATE BANANA ONE!

Me: OKAY.

Mum: Wah, you shout very loud you know. How come you cannot hear me. I know lah, you always stay in your room, hear all the loud loud rock songs, no wonder now become chao hi lang. Oh, my earphone never connect properly. Wait wait.

Me: *Grumbles incoherently* No what. My Chemical Romance very rock meh. Okay only wh-

Mum: (Yowls) NOW HOW!? CAN?! BETTER?!


Me: Jeez, stop screaming. You're loud enough.

Mum: BUT YOU SAY VERY SOFT WHAT. NOW WHAT! I TALK IN MY NORMAL VOICE YOU KNOW.

Me: *Holds receiver at arm's length* Okay please whisper.

Mum: OKAY. REMEMBER TO BUY THE CAKE AH. *Slams down the phone, line DCs*

Me: *Rubs ear*

Talk about role reversal. *Sighs*

Big Girls Don't Cry- Fergie

The smell of your skin lingers on me now
You're probably on your flight back to your hometown
I need some shelter of my own protection, baby
To be with myself and center, clarity
Peace, Serenity

I hope you know, I hope you know
That this has nothing to do with you

It's personal, myself and I
We've got some straightenin' out to do
And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket
But I've got to get a move on with my life
It's time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry
Don't cry
Don't cry
Don't cry

The path that I'm walking
I must go alone
I must take the baby steps 'til I'm full grown, full grown
Fairytales don't always have a happy ending, do they?
And I foresee the dark ahead if I stay

(Chorus)

Like the little school mate in the school yard
We'll play jacks and Uno cards
I'll be your best friend and you'll be my Valentine
Yes you can hold my hand if you want to
'Cause I want to hold yours too
We'll be playmates and lovers and share our secret worlds
But it's time for me to go home
It's getting late, dark outside
I need to be with myself and center, clarity
Peace, Serenity

(Chorus)

This is the only Fergie song I love, haha. Fergielicious (or whatever it is) sucks. This song is so Eclipse, especially the chorus. Like, Bella to Space Heater when she's got to let him go. "I'll be your best friend and you'll be my Valentine" is SO BellaJacob. Wow.

Someone outside is singing I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith on American Idol, I think. Gotta catch it! One of my faves for a long time now.

Toodles!♥