Sunday, June 10, 2007

YAY YAY YAY
THANKS QIHUI!♥

She just told me something about POTC 3 which made me feel oodles better!

SPOILER ALERT.
The curse Will had about being the captain of the Flying Dutchman for 10 years actually is not what I'd interpreted. When Sparrow made Will stab Davy Jones's heart, it was so as to save Will. As Will had been stabbed by Jones, he'd only live if he was made the captain of the Flying Dutchman. In short, Will could exchange 10 years of his life as Captain to live longer.

Another important part of the "tragedy" about Will and Elizabeth was hidden at the end- Liz had gave birth to Will's son. I bet some of you knew that. The curse could be broken if the captain's one true love were to return to that particular island to meet him after 10 years. Therefore, Will lives happily ever after with Liz and his son.

Davy Jones spent his life as captain of the Flying Dutchman as his one true love (can't spell her name) did not return to the island to meet him after his 10 years was up.

Sparrow, thus, actually saved Will, though he wanted the captain's role for himself. However, Qi (who watched At World's End 2x) said that he and Barbossa both went to search for the Fountain of Youth. (Don't ask me why).

My misconceptions in the previous post was cleared already! Now it's time for me to read up about the plot itself, and watch DMC.

Haha.