Sunday, July 01, 2007

I sincerely apologize for the dead blog.
But really, thou is antagonized by the bloody wireless. That explains it all on my lack of online activity!

You can blame Timotheus too, because he attempted to kill me.

Some stuff have happened over this new week. Eventful or not, you name it, I've got it. Like that fiasco in class regarding the latecoming and attire checks. That wasn't really our fault either- I'm sure 312 felt somewhat subjugated by the teachers' unruly harsh actions. Both parties have their own side of their stories, I must say. Though I'm part of 312, I'm standing somewhere out of the ring. I can't offer my opinions or objections about most of the parts, so I guess I'd just let it drop.

Went for an MC session yesterday (which meant pangseh-ing Jemimah for chinese tuiton. Sorry dear!). When I first entered the door I seriously considered turning around and exiting again, cos the sight of Shannon jumping about (imagine: electric chair) was quite freakish. The precise reason WHY he was frolicking around like a lamb? HE READ TWILIGHT.

Gosh, seriously. That's the precise effect Twilight has on relatively right-minded people. Not that Shannon is 100% right-minded, anyway. He was extremely psyched about the whole Edward Cullen thing, and he kept re-enforcing his I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN (like who doesn't) point.

So to speak, Shannon has kind of gone all Brokeback for Edward Cullen?
Not in a million years, dude, he has Bella. HEA is what we're aiming for! (HEA: Happily Ever After) A WIN/WIN situation. Hahaha.

Too bad.

Of course, we began talking about the book, and Vivien was quite interested in it. I managed to spoil some parts for an extremely infuriated Shannon. Why, doesn't he know about my reputation? My remarkable professional plot-ending spoiler. Sometimes I can speak to you casually, and when you're least expecting it, I can suddenly accidentally-on-purpose slip that Edward proposed to Bella at the end of New Moon.

Oops, I did it again! HAHAHAHAHA.
I swear I can imagine Shannon streaming profanities now *Smirks*

Ohoh my mum is watching some form of puerile garbage outside. Some stupid host show filled with lousy slapdash performances by star-wannabe kids. I can just stare at her, literally slack-jawed, cos Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is screening on Channel 5. And she can sit around watching and listening to disgusting, bile-inducing bawling by those horrid performers.

Anyways (sorry about the sidetracking), I managed to get Twilight at Kino, Taka. It was the last on the shelf already, so I flew forwards to grab it before anyone else comandeered the book of my (non-existent) life. It only cost me $10.50, by the way- $4.40 less than what Yihua paid for initially. Wow. It was the last day of sales already, so I guess I was just in time. No regrets risking my neck sneaking out to get Twilight after MC!

Returned home with a grumpy mum and mumbling dad and tired maid (they had been in Ikea, doing some domestic shopping). Stuff got out of hand when I got home. I accidentally hit my second-smallest toe on the METAL part of the leg of my couch at home. I tell you, the pain was horrible. Not horrible. More like Agonizing with a capital A. Before I knew it I was yowling, but my dad resumed his space in front of the computer that's permanently glued to him. My mum looked up from her Jacky Wu variety show and told me to keep quiet.

Much love, much LOVE! Now the poor toe is really swollen. I'm having a whale of a time walking now.

This morning I was rudely awakened by my mum who screamed in my ear to get me to wake up (nice starting your day like this, huh). I'd been re-reading Twilight for the sixteenth time running, so I stayed up till about two in the morning to read everything from scratch. Went to PC with a grumpy mum and mumbling dad again.

After the chanting, I saw my best friend #1 again! Okay, fair enough, I got to see him on Friday. But I didn't really get to talk to him whatsoever at that time. Found out his latest life updates, which meant the life of a passionate electric guitarist-keyboardist-bass guitarist- harmonica player- drummer- grand pianist.

I'm flaunting my best friend again. Rain!!!
Sorry.

He's been a good boy, mugging for his Os. He's confined his guitar to his school, so I think that'd put him off the distractions for the time being. I know how hard it can get. Something like taking Twilight away from me for a day. It's bearable but agitating at the same time. Hope Wei Hong makes it good out of the Big Os. Full force ahead, bestie. Bestie is behind you, ahahah.

Said bye bye to him by instinctively and unthinkingly smacking his hand as he put it up to wave me goodbye. Where's my best friend #2?!?!?! Priscillaaaaaa! *Grumbles*

I see best friend #3 often in school (Yi-xin). So that's fine.

Went back with my dad on the train after the chanting session. I was amazed at how we could make conversation from the coffeeshop to the train, from the train to JE station and the library, and back at home we were still talking. About what? Range's from the new Seven Wonders to good books and plots and actors, movies etc.

I'm surprised my dad knows what Death Note and Ashton Kutcher and Wu Zun are, despite the fact that he keeps getting it all wrong- he thought Light was the good guy and L was the bad. But never mind, right? Probably I'd been stereotyping him all this while- I often thought his era was more of Hardy Boys who said stuff like, "Truly spiffing." and "Tophole!", or most likely, the BeeGees. (The BeeGees really rock, by the way. I absolutely adore their songs.)

Attempted reading Jane Eyre but fell asleep instead. Woke up half an hour later and started on Meg Cabot's sequel to All American Girl; All American Girl: Ready or Not.

I finished it in the bathroom, cos I sat on the seat of the toilet for an hour or so.
Was yakked at by my maid, of course.

So here I am, soaking up the light from my computer screen... And anticipating Eclipse, as always.

I've got an idea. I shall start compiling lists. Let's start with

10 things I think you don't know about me
If you know, good for you. If you don't, now you do.

1) I hate the sun. Alot.
I just don't know why. I don't glitter in the sun or whatever, but the heat just makes me really uncomfortable. Explains my pasty skin now, right?

2) I crack my knuckles at an average of about 5 times a day.
Bad habit, I know, I know. Stop nagging. You can't kick habits sometimes, and nagging will make you old before your time. Hahaha!

3) I type fast most of the time, but I don't go according to the manners really fast typers usually place their fingers on the keyboard.
No kidding.

4) I'm going to cut my hair even shorter than what it is now, when my hair starts to grow over the collar.
Holy cow, yes, stop screaming. I'm not going to cut it myself- I'm just going to convince the hairdresser to resume the concave thing, but shave the back for me. :)

5) I've never had long nails before. Long means that the white parts being 0.1cm long.
Avid nail-biter, see, and I can't kick this habit either. What's so wrong about nail biting, anyway? It won't kill, will it? Rhetorical question.

6) I think it's a privilege to sleep with air-con.
Fair enough, I live on the 23rd floor so there's often some random cool breeze blowing through at night. Sometimes. But it often gets so swelteringly hot I have wake up to turn on the fan to the max. Try having to bear with excessive dreaming (more like nightmares actually) every night, then waking up drenched in sweat.

7) My favourite brand of ice cream is Ben and Jerry's.
Really. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Chocolate Fudge Brownie who can say no to them? I've yet to try Phish Food too.

8) I'm not highly anticipating the last book of Harry Potter.
Because Sirius Black, for goodness sake, is dead. My favourite character! How can he die!? And besides, I've only read Half Blood Prince twice, though I bought the book. After reading it for the 2nd time I got seriously sick about the whole Dumbledore-is-dead thing, so I quickly chucked it to Kennedy, who wanted to read it at that time. I bet he was disgusted at Dumbledore and Sirius Black's deaths, too.

9) I own lots of shoes.
Um, 2 Converse hightops (blue ripped denim and the beige John Lennon limited edition thingy- I really want to trade that for a black pair, like the one Zhi Qi has. The beige one, I mean, not the blue one.), a pair of self-painted Mary Janes, a pair of cow skater shoes, my NDP painted sneakers, 2 pairs of slippers, a cover-toe black high heels for formal occasions )which I rarely wear), my Adidas Superstars, and not to mention my school shoes. I think I still have more, but I spend most of my time in my blue Converse, casual slippers and school shoes. Hah.

10) My favourite names for girls are A.J, Calypso (nothing to do with POTC, really. Got it in a book last time), Elise (Elise is gloating). Guys are Carlisle, Edward, Jasper and Rocky.
Edward not because of Edward Cullen! I like old names sometimes, they sound really good. Uh and Jasper was a long-time favourite name.

11) Okay, I know this is an extra. But one of my favourite books is the dictionary.
Like, duh.

12) Writing is a means of catharsis for me :D
Yeah that's what I'm doing now, right?


I shall end here. It's been an incredibly long post, and I'm sure you guys are kinda sick of reading it already.
Toodles!♥